The George and Dragon is a pub and restaurant with twelve bedrooms. The ground floor is all on the same level with wheelchair access through every doorway. The first floor for bedrooms only is accessed by a narrow stone staircase and a wider staircase which acts as the rear fire escape.
• Tel number: 01768 865 381
• On bus route from Penrith to Shap.
• Easy access by car directly on A6, two miles form Penrith
• Local taxis readily available.
Arrival and car parking facilities
• Car park directly off A6 at bottom end of Clifton.
• Car park level, with good illumination.
Main entrance, reception and ticketing area
• Main entrance wide and same level as car park.
• All surfaces newly paved in either tarmac or level flagstones.
• Reception directly in front through main entrance.
• Main entrance clearly illuminated at night.
Public areas – hall, stairs, landing, corridors etc
• The reception is in front directly upon entering the premisies.
• To the left is the restaurant.
• To the right is the bar.
• Directly in front is the access to the first floor, via the stone staricase.
• The toilets are to the right, just through the bar.
• To the right of the main entrance is an outdoor seating area, on the same level as the rest of the property for summer use only.
Public areas – sitting room, lounges, lobbies etc
• There is no lift.
• There are just two floors, the ground floor where the bar and restaurant are and the first floor where accommodation is.
• There are baby changing facilities in the disabled toilets.
• There is a slight change of level in one part of the restaurant only. The lip of this is colour coded black in contrast to the light oak wooden floor.
• The toilets entrances are suitable for wheelchairs and the disabled toilet is the right hand toilet of the three.
• The evacuation point in the event of a fire is the middle of the front car park.
• Dogs are allowed in the bar and in the bedrooms, but not the restaurant.
• Fridges are available upon request for the storage of medicines etc.
George and Dragon
Telephone: 01768 865 381
Contact telephone and email address
We welcome your feedback to help us continually improve if you have any comments please phone 01768865381 or email firstname.lastname@example.org